Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vasant Nanavati Vasant Nanavati is offline

Default How to add menu button to exisiting menubar

CommandBars("Chart Menu Bar").Controls _
("Chart").Controls("MyNewItem").Delete

I'll pass on trying to describe the overall menu structure as it is quite
complicated :-).

--

Vasant

"Mike P" wrote in message
om...
Thanks, any idea on best way to delete the new menu button?

Actually, can someone describe the overal menu structure? That is
where I am having trouble understanding here. Thanks.

"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn *AT* aol *DOT* com wrote in message

This works:

Sub AddNewItem()
Dim ctlNew As CommandBarControl
Set ctlNew = CommandBars("Chart Menu Bar").Controls _
("Chart").Controls.Add(msoControlButton, , , , True)
With ctlNew
.Style = msoButtonCaption
.Caption = "MyNewItem"
.Visible = True
.OnAction = "MyNewMacro"
End With
End Sub

Sub MyNewMacro()
MsgBox "Success!"

Vasant

"Mike P" wrote in message
om...
I see a lot in previous posts on adding a whole new nenu...but I want
to add a new button (on the workbook open & remove on the workbook
before close events) to the Chart menu and assign a macro to it. I am
using XL2000. I am missing something in my attempts to add a single
button (not a pop-up) to an already existing menu.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Mike