Nelson

The data is in a separate file containing the same 3 fields plus additional
fields that I want to bring the information into my file. The data file is
organized by collumns such as:
1st collumn=Name
2nd collumn=Age
3rd collumn=BirthMonth
4th collumn=Status
5th collumn=Grade
etc...

My second file, I will have the same collumns but I want to enter the
information in the first 3 collumns and then I want my formula to match them
to the data file and return the 4th collumn
So, I want it to look at the 3 fields that I entered and look into the data
file and give me the status or Grade of that individual that i just entered.
Just like a Vlookup, but instead of just looking at the left-most collumn, I
want it to look at 3 collumns and match the 3 collumns on the data file and
return a value.

I hope that will be a bit more clear!

Thank you for replying

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Need more detail!

Where are the "fields"? Where is the data you want to return?

Detail! Be specific.

Biff

"Nelson" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm trying to look-up and match 3 fields from two separate sheets from a
range of information. For example, in my sheet I will enter information
such
as
Name, Age, BirthMonth and I want to have a formula that will returned
another field called Status by performing a lookup from my source file.

What formulas do I have to use to obtain what I'm looking for?

Thank you,
Nelson