Posted to microsoft.public.access.formscoding,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul James[_6_] Paul James[_6_] is offline

Default how to Pause a VBA procedure until user presses Enter

Thanks for your reply, PC.

I suppose I should have mentioned that I'd like the user to be able to do
some things in the host application while the VBA code is paused.
Specifically, type some data. (Input Boxes and Message Boxes won't work for
this, as I explained elsewhere in this threat).

If I create a loop that runs until the user takes some action, such as press
the Enter key, which is what I would like, the running VBA loop prevents the
user from doing anything else. So my user wouldn't be able to do anything,
and thus, nothing is accomplished.

In effect, I'd like to somehow momentarily interrupt (pause) execution of
the VBA code, while the user types several sentences of text, and then
resume the VBA code as soon as the user presses the Enter key.

Any ideas?

TIA