Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
L Mehl L Mehl is offline

Default Display HTML help file using FollowHyperlink; want browser to have Focus

Dick --

It runs on a button click. FireFox is OK for me, too.

Larry

"Dick Kusleika" wrote in message
Larry

How are you running the sub? For me XL2000 and Mozilla FireFox, it gets

the
focus.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"L Mehl" wrote in message
Hello --

We display the HTML help file using

ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink _
Address:="c:\TAHelp.htm"

It opens a browser window containing the file, but the browser loses

focus,
so the user has to click the browser icon in the tray to give it focus.

Is there a parameter to set to open the browser and give it the focus?

I am thinking of vbMaximizedFocus in a Shell command which has this

effect.

From a broader perspective, is FollowHyperlink the best way to open a

Help
file?