Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy VB Project

With the project protected, you'll have to use some SendKeys to unprotect the
project. And in newer versions of excel, each user can choose whether they want
to allow program access to their projects.

I think I'd use a template workbook that contains all the code that I need.
Then use that to put the data.

Option Explicit
Sub OpenTemplate()

Dim myTemplateName As String
Dim tempStr As String
Dim wkbk As Workbook

myTemplateName = "\\commonshare\foldername\templatename.xlt"

tempStr = ""
On Error Resume Next
tempStr = Dir(myTemplateName)
On Error GoTo 0
If tempStr = "" Then
MsgBox "design error--Template not available"
Exit Sub
End If

Set wkbk = Workbooks.Add(template:=myTemplateName)

'do what you need...
End Sub

May help get you started.

Anson wrote:

Is it possible to copy the entire VB Project (with protection) to a new workbook? I am trying to write a program to allow users to produce an extract of the workbook with all the programming functions in it (without changing the original workbook). I want to extract it witout saving it (sort of like the "sheets.copy" code) unless the user saves it manually.

--

Dave Peterson