Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
StargateFan[_3_] StargateFan[_3_] is offline

Default VB coding for showing "find" dialogue box?

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:47:16 -0700, keepitcool
wrote:

may work.. but this is the official way:

It actually didn't work <lol! Oh, the code brings up the dialogue
box alright, but since one is in a cell, it only will search in that
cell and not the sheet itself. Too funny. I was laughing at work, if
you can believe that. <g

Thanks, I brought a version of the spreadsheet home to give this a try
here.

application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show

From help: (Built-In Dialog Box Argument Lists)

I'll have to look for that. As I'm automating more and more
spreadsheets because they won't write up a database at work, I find
that I'm going to need that resource to find code. Thanks, will look
for this help.

xlDialogFormulaFind text, in_num, at_num, by_num, dir_num, match_case,
match_byte

Thanks!

keepITcool

"Jim Cone" wrote:

Bridget,

I can't find it either in the "Built-In Dialog Box Argument Lists" in
the vba help file. However, the following code does bring it up...

Application.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=30003).Con trols

("Find...").Exec
ute

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA

"Bridget" wrote in message
If
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show
brings up the print dialogue box in E2K, can someone pls
tell me what brings up the Find box? I did a search for
this on the net, but nothing came up. I guess I don't
know how to search for general VB coding like this; I
don't even know if there is a resource out there for
hunting down VB code (?).

Thanks so much!