Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Mouse pointer

Hi Simon,

You can prevent the mouse cursor from flickering by simply forcing it to
be an hourglass during code execution and then setting it back to default
when you're done, like so:

Sub Auto_Close()
Application.Cursor = xlWait
''' Your code her.
Application.Cursor = xlDefault

Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals
http://www.appspro.com/

"Simon Lloyd " wrote in message
Does anyone know how to hide the mouse pointer during a sheet update
where normally it would flicker even if you turn screen updating off, i
want to hide the mouse pointer during an auto close and then turn it
back on at the end of the close so that its there for use again in
every other program.....I have tried the VB version of Showcursor but
it didnt seem to work!

Hoping you can help!

Simon

---