Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
rickey24 rickey24 is offline

Default Series Code

I have 2 columns of information, F & G. First, I want to Sort th
worksheet by Column G, then I wanted to re-order column G, startin
with the first row as "1" and filling down G with a series with a ste
of 1 (or 1, 2, 3, etc down G for all the rows until the last row wher
there is info in the corresponding F column).

When I record a Macro it gives me this code, but goes to a set G21
because in this particular case the last info in F was F21, bu
obviously this wouldn't always be the case. Thanks for all your help.

Bo

Rows("5:5").Select
Range("G5").Activate
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("G5"), Order1:=xlAscending
Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
_
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
Range("G5").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlUp)).Select
Range("G5:G21").Select
Range("G21").Activate
Selection.DataSeries Rowcol:=xlColumns, Type:=xlLinear
Date:=xlDay, _
Step:=1, Trend:=Fals