Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_3_] Dick Kusleika[_3_] is offline

Default Display HTML help file using FollowHyperlink; want browser to have Focus

Larry

How are you running the sub? For me XL2000 and Mozilla FireFox, it gets the
focus.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"L Mehl" wrote in message
Hello --

We display the HTML help file using

ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink _
Address:="c:\TAHelp.htm"

It opens a browser window containing the file, but the browser loses

focus,
so the user has to click the browser icon in the tray to give it focus.

Is there a parameter to set to open the browser and give it the focus?

I am thinking of vbMaximizedFocus in a Shell command which has this

effect.

From a broader perspective, is FollowHyperlink the best way to open a Help
file?

Thanks for any suggestions.