Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Anson Anson is offline

Default Worksheet_Activate

The ThisWorkbook event only activates a macro it doesn't restrict the scope of the macro (i.e. you can use it to activate a macro to run formulas on sheet1)

Yes it will activate if you unselect the sheet and re-select it. That's how it is supposed to work. If you need to run when open the workbook you need the "ThisWorkbook_Open()" event. You could go to another sheet and save it. When you open the workbook again you would be forced to select that sheet again, hence, activate the event (I don't recommend that)

----- Pozzo wrote: ----

I need to have this code run specifically for this sheet, though, so
can't attach it to a workbook event

I've just found out that the code executes when a move away to anothe
sheet and then come back, just not when the workbook opens with thi
sheet as the active sheet. Is this how it is supposed to work