Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JWolf JWolf is offline

Default Breakup cells having 2 words with a blank between them

If text is in A1, enter the following in another cell:
=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-SEARCH(" ",A1))

This only works if there are two words.

Hari wrote:

Hi,

Please tell me an appropriate formula which wud give the contents of the
cell after the blank.

That is if I have "aasd ghyu" , "ert ui", "njiiippi q" in 3 different cells
then I wud like a formula which wud give me "ghyu", "ui" and "q" as answers
in 3 seperate cells.

Please note number of letters in the first word and number of letters in the
second word are variable.

I dont want to use text to columns as I want to automate this process and
use the results in some other formula.

Regards,
Hari
India