Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pete Provencher Pete Provencher is offline

Default Macro problem

Using Excel 2000:

I used the macro recorder to design the follwoing macro then I went in with
help from books and modified it to try and attempt what I want it to do. I
want ed to try and repeat a process just using a different file and it
doesn't seem to work. Let me show you the macro and show the part that
doesn't work:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim Controls(20)

Sheets("Population Download").Cells.Clear

Sheets("Demographics Download").Cells.Clear

ChDir "c:\Documents and settings\pete.sitetech03\desktop\Demographic
Downloads"

FileToOpenPop = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xls),
*.xls")

Workbooks.Open FileToOpenPop

Worksheets(1).Range("A1:J80").Copy

ActiveWorkbook.Close False

Windows("Quick Facts 2004.xlt").Activate

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("population download").Range("A1").PasteSpecial
Paste:=xlPasteAll

Application.CutCopyMode = False

ChDir "c:\Documents and settings\pete.sitetech03\desktop\Demographic
Downloads"

FileToOpenDem = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xls),
*.xls")

Workbooks.Open FileToOpenDem

Worksheets(1).Range("A1:J80").Copy

ActiveWorkbook.Close False

Windows("Quick Facts 2004.xlt").Activate

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("demographics download").Range("A1").PasteSpecial
Paste:=xlPasteAll

Application.CutCopyMode = False

Up to this point everything works the next section is the first part of
copying and pasting info to another file and this part works

' Gets date from population datasheet

Sheets("population db").Select

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("population db").Range("A2").Select

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("population db").Range("a2:dk2").Select

Selection.Copy

ChDir "c:\Documents and settings\pete.sitetech03\my documents"

Workbooks.Open "c:\Documents and settings\pete.sitetech03\my
documents\populationdb.xls"

Sheets("sheet1").Range("A1").Select

ActiveCell.End(xlDown)(2).Select

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormats

Sheets("sheet1").Range("A1").Select

Workbooks("populationdb.XLS").Close SaveChanges:=True

Application.CutCopyMode = False

This is the section where I want to do the same procedure from the section
above just to a different file. It seems to work up to the line:
ActiveCell.End(xlDown)(2).Select

' Get data from demographic datasheet

Sheets("demographic db").Select

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("demographic db").Range("A2").Select

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("demographic db").Range("a2:bx2").Select

Selection.Copy

ChDir "c:\Documents and settings\pete.sitetech03\my documents"

Workbooks.Open "c:\Documents and settings\pete.sitetech03\my
documents\demographicdb.xls"

Sheets("sheet1").Range("A1").Select

Range("A1").Activate

ActiveCell.End(xlDown)(2).Select

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormats

Sheets("sheet1").Range("A1").Select

Workbooks("demographicdb.XLS").Close SaveChanges:=True

Application.CutCopyMode = False

' ActiveWorkbook.Close False

End Sub

Any help will be appreciated.