Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Missing References

Using late binding is the usual way to solve problems such as these:

INFO: Writing Automation Clients for Multiple Office Versions

INFO: Using Early Binding and Late Binding in Automation

INFO: Use DISPID Binding to Automate Office Applications Whenever Possible

Tom Ogilvy

"Felix" wrote in message
For some time now I'm seeing a strange behavior when
compiling and saving Add-In's on my machine (XP
Developer). While the Add-In performs without problems on
my machine, they will not run on other machines (XP,
Office 2000), debugging the Add-in on the new machine will
show that the cause of the problem is always a missing
reference for Word 10 (The Add-In calls Word as part of a
procedure). If I reselect the Word 9 or 10 Reference on
the other machine and recompile/save the Add-In will run
on all machines (including mine) without problem. Editing
the code and saving the Add-In on my machine will recreate
the problem.
The missing reference is always an Office App other
references are not effected. I can create the same problem
in MS Word (Missing an Excel reference in that case).
I have re-installed Office XP multiple times and that
doesn't seem to cure this problem, I have also tried this
with and without the various service packs. I guessing
that something in my registry is messed up - anybody have
any idea how to fix this (without a complete rebuild of my
computer)? Any help is appreciated.
Felix