Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cata_and[_4_] cata_and[_4_] is offline

Default Excel VBA - hidden rows / autofilter

Hi everybody,

Please help me with the following problem:

I have a range with abt 850 rows and 17 columns. I need to hide some of
them based on a criteria (which I can do it with VBA or autofilter) and
then I need to number (1,2,3 ....) the visible rows only (to create a
list and print it)

I create a VBA procedure which do this by looping through one column of
the range, checking which cells are visible and assigning a number to
another column, in order, only to the visible rows.

The problem is that this procedure takes too long and the computer
behaves like I have at least 65000 rows full of data. Imagine that
there are only 850 rows. I heard that can be done much faster by
assigning the range to an array.

Is there anyone who can give me a tip?

Thanks in advance
Catalin

PS
I have a pentium 4 with 256 MB RAM and Excel 2002.

---