Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DangerMouse114[_17_] DangerMouse114[_17_] is offline

Default Macro Question

Thanks Nigel! Worked like a charm!

Nigel wrote:
*Your macro will need to unprotect the sheet, make the changes then
re-protect the sheet.

ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="password"

ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="password"

Set the command button, TakeFocusOnClcik to False

Cheers
Nigel

"DangerMouse114 "
wrote in
message ...
I need to protect my sheet from users making changes to certai

cells
but I am encountering a problem with my macro buttons.

The button makes changes to cells that I have locked and protecte

from
users. When i protect the sheet the button cannot make the change

and
gives an error.

Is there a way to allow the macro to do its work on locked cell

while
still protecting the cell from user changes?

---