Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vasant Nanavati Vasant Nanavati is offline

Default Why does the EnableSelection-xlNoSelection stick thru the user interface?

There are a number of properties that are not persistent, such as
EnableSelection, ScrollArea and Protect with UserInterfaceOnly set to True.
AFAIK this is by design and there is no way to change it.

--

Vasant

"IanS" wrote in message
I'm asking this question, because I have a specific need to lock many

worksheets at one time, and not allowing any selection of cells when I'm
done. I've written a VBA scription to do this. As has been posted before,
the EnableSelection-xlNoSelection sticks thru the user interface, but you
must insert code into the Excel that you protected for it to stick. Why
does the EnableSelection-xlNoSelection stick thru the user interface? My
users do not want to enable macros every time.

Does anyone know of ANY way to make this property stick, like it does by

using the Protection user interface? I appreciate any help on this.