Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nornny[_3_] Nornny[_3_] is offline

Default Ack. Going to another column Take 3. Sorry!

Hey, sorry about that, I know it must be frustrating you to see tw
empty posts by me, but it was a problem with excelforum I guess. Jus
know that i lost my entire post and now have to rewrite this pos
again. lol.

So I posted a few days back a problem I had in the miscellaneous foru
and was sort of referred to here since the solution involved a bit o
macro and VBA work. Here it goes, I hope someone can help cuz I hav
little to no experience in that language (I do have C++ experience, s
i'm not totally brainless though).

So I have two worksheets. On the first worksheet, which will be eithe
hidden or protected, I have a list of Site Numbers. Site Numbers ar
merely 1 to 4 digit numbers. Each site number is given 1-4 passwords
depending on the amount of digits in the site number. For example, sit
321 will have 3 passwords and site 8 will have only one. Thos
passwords are listed in the next 4 columns. For site 8, it will onl
have one password in the second column, and then the next three wil
just be blank. That's the convention.

Anyways, in the next free column (the sixth column) lists the Curren
Password. The current password a password from the list of 4 passwords
To start, the current password is the first password listed (ie. th
second column). There is also another column called Next Password
which lists each sites next password after their current one. For on
digit site numbers, the next password will be the same password as th
current, since they only have one password. If a current password is a
the end of the list of passwords, the Next Password will be the firs
password again. So it circles around.

Basically, I have to make a small thing where it asks a user to ente
their site number (prolly through an input box would be easiest), an
on a separate worksheet, it lists JUST that site number's Curren
Password and then it's New Password (ie, the one on the Next Passwor
column). btw, the site number has to be in the database or else it wil
tell an error. My problem is updating the database once a user asks fo
a new password. Because after that new password is given, the Nex
Password now becomes the Current Password and the next password in th
list must now become the new Next Password. I'm sure this sounds reall
confusing, but yet you know what I'm talking about. Here's a diagram:

A--------B--------C--------D------E---------F-----------G
SiteNo--PW1-----PW2-----PW3---PW4-----Curr.--------Next

and so on...

So if someone asks for a new password for Site 6874, it would tell th
user the current password (h4) and then the new one (h43). But it als
has to update the database so that JUST 6874's new current password i
h43 and its new Next password is h9.

Think you can help? Any help would be greatly appreciated, especiall
in terms of some code or macros to help me get started. Thank you s
much in advance