Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Excel 2000 and TextBoxes

Guilo,

Are you sure the text boxes are from the Drawing toolbar, or are
the from the (ActiveX) Controls toolbar?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Giulio Cifelli" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2000 and C#. I am able to open an Excel file,

copy it
to a new file (based on user properties), and modify/add data

to the
various worksheets. What I am stuck on is being able to change

the text
for a text box defined within the Workbook.

I have tried many different variations and I always get the

following
error: "Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC".

The code I am using is:

objExcelWS = (Interop.Excel.Worksheet)
objExcelWB.Worksheets[strSheetName];

objExcelWS.Unprotect(SHEET_PASSWORD);
Interop.Excel.TextBox objTxtBox = (Interop.Excel.TextBox)
objExcelWS.TextBoxes(strTextBoxName);

Has anybody experienced this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks in advance...

Giulio.