Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sryall sryall is offline

Default if a=true and b=5 then....

Howdy... new to VBA programming and I have a project in front o
me.....

I am working on a spreadsheet to caculate payment for our speedskatin
association where most of the data is automated.

I would like to be able to extend my nested if's to also include
second if

eg. if date=june 6/04 & if no of payments=5 then calculate the payment
this way... but if date=june 6/04 & no. of pay=1 then have all th
money due on this date... or in 3 payments or 2 payments... and we hav
it totalled to cross reference it for our VP of fiance (how much shoul
be deposited on Oct 1 and number of items to be deposited) [counta i
great]

in brief - people can take up to 5 months to pay the fees - dependin
on the date they register - July 1-Nov 1. Some people prefer to pay al
up front though so the no. of payments =1 but we don't want the defaul
payment to be on Nov 1 but rather on the date of the registation or th
1st of the next month.

I took pascal training MANY moons ago so I understand the If THEN ELS
idea (just can'tr remember the syntax)... how can I set up an IF and I
THEN ELSE nested option?

Clear as mud?

Thanks in advance :cool