Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jason jason is offline

Default Macro programing

Works perfectly. Thank you very much

JT
-----Original Message-----
something like:(assuming the correct range of cells is

selected)
Sub ijb()
Dim myCell As Range

For Each myCell In Selection
Select Case CStr(myCell.Value)
Case "1"
myCell.Value = "Personal property"
Case "2"
myCell.Value = "personal property and vehicle"
etc
etc
End Select
Next

If I've mis-understood the question please tell me.

HTH

ijb

Remove nospam from my e-mail address to talk direct

Not MCSD, MVP, TLA, P&P, PCMCIA, etc just trying to help

"Jason Trolian"

wrote in message
I am uploading many different files into my database.
These files come in a spreadsheet. There is one
particular column that requires the conversion of a
single didget product code to a discription.

I want to know how to write a macro that I would be

able
to select that column, run it and it would convert the
data for me. The data would need to convert as

follows:

1 = Personal property
3 = personal property and vehicle
5 = vehicle and personal property
7 = cosigner
8 = intangible personal property
9 = draft check
A = merchandise/household goods
C = clothing (sales finance)
F = fixtures (sales finance)
J = musical equipment (sales finance)
Z = residence (mobile home sales finance)

Thank you in advance,
JT

.