Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default One more loop question

Patti,

You skip a row on change of name rather than process it. I've tested it
before the Do Loop, and removed the Else.

Also, you don't need the oCurrent variable, you can use the index counter

Public Sub testloop()

Dim LstRow As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim AgtName As String
Dim FoundFlag As Boolean

LstRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
AgtName = Range("A1").Value
FoundFlag = False

For i = 1 To LstRow

With Cells(i, "A")
If .Value < AgtName Then
AgtName = .Value
FoundFlag = False
End If
Do While FoundFlag = False
Select Case .Cells(1, 12).Value
Case ""
.Offset(0, 15).Value = "I found a Null cell"
FoundFlag = True
Case "This"
.Offset(0, 15).Value = "I found This!"
FoundFlag = True
Case "That"
.Offset(0, 15).Value = "I found That!"
FoundFlag = True
Case Else
FoundFlag = True
End Select
Loop
' message box added to confirm which row is being evaluated
MsgBox "Currently evaluating row " & i & " for agent " & AgtName
End With
Next i

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Patti" wrote in message
Can someone please explain to me why the following code is skipping each

row
in which the *first* instance of a new name appears in column A? In

other
words, the Case Statement starts evaluating on the 2nd occurrence of the
name.

(thanks Bob, for all your help so far...)

TIA,

Patti

Option Explicit
Private Sub testloop()

Dim LstRow As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim AgtName As String
Dim oCurrent As Range
Dim FoundFlag As Boolean

LstRow = Range("a" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
AgtName = Range("A1").Value
Set oCurrent = Range("A1")
FoundFlag = False

For i = 1 To LstRow

If Cells(i, "A") = AgtName Then
Do While FoundFlag = False
Select Case Cells(i, 12)
Case ""
oCurrent.Offset(0, 15).Value = "I found a

Null
cell"
FoundFlag = True
Case "This"
oCurrent.Offset(0, 15).Value = "I found

This!"
FoundFlag = True
Case "That"
oCurrent.Offset(0, 15).Value = "I found

That!"
FoundFlag = True
Case Else
FoundFlag = True
End Select
Loop
' message box added to confirm which row is being
evaluated
MsgBox "Currently evaluating row " & i & " for

agent
" & AgtName
Else
AgtName = Cells(i, "A").Value