Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Same sub different results

Perhaps Personal.xls doesn't have a name called 'WhatEver'. This is where
you need error checking, like so

On Error Resum Next
Set rName = ThisWorkbook.Names("WhatEver")
If rName Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Ooops!"
End If

It is probable that you don't mean ThisWorkbook which is the workbook the
code is in, buty ACtiveWorkbook, which is the one you are working on.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"DredanZyl " wrote in message
Can anyone tell me why the very same sub gives different results when
run from the Personal.xls workbook? Here is the code:

Sub VLookUpRange()
Dim rName As Name
Set rName = ThisWorkbook.Names("WhatEver")
End Sub

This sub works fine with all workbooks except Personal.xls.

I get the 'Run time error 1004 - application defined or object-defined
error' when I try to run it from Personal.xls

---