Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mtrak mtrak is offline

Default VBA - SaveAs hangs (2003 vs 2k ?)

I've searched this forum and a bunch of microsoft docs and have no
found a solution to my problem, so I'm wondering if anyone here know
why this is happening:

My code below executes perfectly on my PC running Excel 2003. But whe
I attempt to run it on 2 other PCs, both running Excel 2000 for wha
it's worth, the code simply hangs at the "SaveAs" ... no error o
anything...

I don't know for sure whether it is version-related (2k v. 2003)..
just throwing that out there since this DOES WORK on my 2003 machine..
in fact I am out of ideas as to why this would happen.

Anyone seen anything like this?
Am I doing something wrong?
Any clues would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Mike

My code:

[font=courier new]

Private Sub SaveGraph()
Dim xExcelApp As New Excel.Application
Dim xWorkbk As Excel.Workbook
Dim xTempName As String
Dim xSaveName As String
Dim xPath As String

Set xWorkbk = xExcelApp.Workbooks.Add

' ===============================
'Create Graph Here
' ===============================

xPath = "C:\temp\"
xTempName = xPath & "test_graph.xls"

ChDir xPath

xSaveName = m_objExcelApp.GetSaveAsFilename( _
InitialFileName:=xTempName, _
FileFilter:="Microsoft Excel Workboo
(*.xls), *.xls")

MsgBox "saving..."
xWorkbk.SaveAs FileName:=xSaveName ' << dies here
MsgBox "saved!"

End Sub

[/FONT