Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_3_] Dick Kusleika[_3_] is offline

Default Importing data

Darn it! The one time I don't copy and paste. Thanks Bernie

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote in message
Dick,

You're just gonna hafta remember your website's real name..... <vbg

http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/ExternalData.htm

Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Dick Kusleika" wrote in message
HJ

Also, ask them if they supply an ODBC driver (Open DataBase

Connectivity).
If they do, you can use Data - Get External Data from within Excel to

query
the JDE table directly. Also, if Pivot Tables are your aim, you can

create
a pivot table based on External Data (as opposed to putting the query
results on a sheet, then pivoting that data).

If you can use External Data tables, you can eliminate one step, namely
exporting from JDE.

If they are ODBC enabled, I have some information on my website

www.dicks-click.com/excel/ExternalData.htm