Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
George Nicholson[_2_] George Nicholson[_2_] is offline

Default Resume Next doesn't work in IsOpen function

If "On Error Resume Next" is being ignored:

In the VBE: ToolsOptionsGeneral. Make sure you have "Break on Unhandled
errors" set, not "Break on all errors".

--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"Rob" wrote in message
When I step through (or run the code of the function), I still get the

error message on the second line below, where I expect it to just continue
onto the next line.
On Error Resume Next
Set wb = Workbooks(BookName)
IsOpen = Not wb Is Nothing

----- Vasant Nanavati wrote: -----

What does "none of them work for me" mean?

--

Vasant

"Rob" wrote in message
I want to test if a workbook is open. I've found these

suggestions, but
none of them work for me. Any ideas why?
Thanks
Rob
'I've tried:

Function IsOpen(BookName As String) As Boolean
On Error Resume Next
Set wb = Workbooks(BookName)
IsOpen = Not wb Is Nothing
End Function
'and:

Function IsOpen(BookName As String) As Boolean
On Error Resume Next
IsOpen = Not (Application.Workbooks(BookName) Is Nothing)
End Function
'and:

Function IsOpen(BookName As String) As Boolean
On Error Resume Next
IsOpen = Len(Workbooks(BookName).Name)
End Function