Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stephen Bye[_3_] Stephen Bye[_3_] is offline

Default Error bar

Well I just tried recording a macro while I changed the width and this is
what I got:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).ErrorBars.Select
With Selection.Border
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.ColorIndex = 57
.Weight = xlThick
End With
Selection.EndStyle = xlCap

If you look up the Weight property in the help text you will see that it has
only these 4 possible values:
xlHairline
xlThin
xlMedium
xlThick

"dennis" wrote in message
om...
Stephen,

You are right. its the y- error bars. how can i set the width of the
drop line freely, for example, 6 pt, 10 pt or higher ?

dennis.

"Stephen Bye" <. wrote in message

Probably the "Y Error Bars" tab in the "Format Data Series" dialog box.

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Dennis,

What is the "error bar"?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"dennis" wrote in message
om...
Do anyone know how to change the width of the error bar freely

out of
the three options available ?