Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
pikus pikus is offline

Default If this is impossible, just tell me.

Your verbosity is excused. Actually, it’s a good thing.
Yes, what you want is very possible. You’ll have to do a bit of magi
with string manipulation to separate the information you need, but tha
shouldn’t be too difficult. I’ll work on some examples of what you’l
need, but in the meantime, what do you want done with the information?
Once we figure out the age of the product, how would you like tha
information stored? We could give each serial number it’s own row an
have Model Number in column 1, Serial Number in column 2 and th
manufactured Date in column 3. How’s that? Could you take it fro
there? - Piku