Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default run time error 1004

You need to manually change the offending code so that it will
work in earlier versions. There is no way to record a macro to
produce code guaranteed to be compatible with earlier versions.
Also, there is no way to automatically change code to be
compatible with earlier versions. It is strictly a manual
process.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"meagain" wrote in message
I was told the following about a macro I built: If you build

a large portion of your macros with the macro recorder in a newer
version of Excel, then the code will use the "new" arguments
which will cause problems in older versions. I was getting a
run-time error 1004, when the file was opened in an older version
of Excel. Is there a solution to change this file so it will work
with older versions when opened?

Thanks