Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David David is offline

Default Is there a way to create a program in excel to compare files?

Not certain I completely understand what you are trying
to do, but you can write your directories to a file from
DOS, Dir tofilelist. Been a while since I have done
this and I only got the immediate directory list. Maybe
someone can remeber how to get the drive. Once you get
it, you can open in Excel. Think if you have to you can
append to the to the "tofilelist" file.