Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Holmes Paul Holmes is offline

Default String manipulation from one cell broken up into multiple columns

I need to break a mixed charater string from a single cell into multiple cells. For Example F62T-L needs to be broken down into seperate columns = F, 62, T, L. The hitch comes with the string K500BB-PS, I need it to break down into K, 500, BB, P and S. The tough one will be the "PS", sometimes it's there, sometimes it's just the P, sometimes it's three characters. As a an added items, the number I would like to convert from text to a number value. I could do all of this by hand, we're only talking 150 to 200 entries, but having it automated would be nice. Appreciate any help.