Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sagar Sagar is offline

Default Excel Macro Help

Hi All,

I'm new to VBA programming although I have programming experience with
Java, J2EE, C, C++ etc.

I have a xls file with multiple worksheets. Each worksheet has three
columns which are shown below.

Status Owner Outlook

Now I have to write a macro which requires the user to input a string
to search for an Owner and then will pull all worksheets which has a
particular string in it's name (For e.g the string "Outlook" in it's
name will require me to pull Worksheets "10 Day Outlook", "15 Day
Outlook" and not "10 day schedule), and copy the contents of the row
that matches the "Owner" name that was input and then creates a new
worksheet and pastes this onto the new Worksheet created.

For e.g., Given a excel spreadsheet with 3 worksheets

Worksheet "10 Day Outlook"

Status Owner Outlook
-------------------------
Done John Good
Done Dave Avg

Worksheet "15 Day Outlook"

Status Owner Outlook
-------------------------
Done Vicky Good
Inc Dave Good

Worksheet "10 Day Schedule"

Operation TargetDate
-------------------------
MeasK3Refl 4/27/04

This macro should ask for a name and if the user inputs say "Dave",
should create a new worksheet with the contents

New Worksheet

Status Owner Outlook
Done Dave Avg
Inc Dave Good