Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin[_16_] Martin[_16_] is offline

Default Help with shortening/cleaning some code please

Tom,

Thanks for the comment,

I have now found, read and inwardly digested
http://support.microsoft.com/default...B;en-us;104502
XL: Square Bracket Notation Is Less Efficient Than Tunneling.

I'll try not to make the same mistake twice.

Martin

Tom Ogilvy wrote in message
Range([C2], [L65536].End(xlUp)).Select

Don't use notation like the above. It incurs tremendous overhead.

Range(Range("C2"),Range("L65536").End(xlup)).Selec t

would be much faster although you also need to learn how to program

without
using select except where it is absolutely required.

Tom Ogilvy

"Martin" wrote in message
Roy,

I am no expert.

<snip

answered by someone significantly better than me
(and there are lots of those!).

Martin

roy wrote in message
om...