Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
muziq2[_11_] muziq2[_11_] is offline

Default Using VBA to send email based on form response

Hi,

I have a user form that basically allows a user to select a class the
want to attend. This form then updates another sheet with the user'
name, the class they have selected and records the time they signed u
for the class.

Currently I just have a msg box popping up to say that they have bee
registered for the class. However, they (the powers that be) woul
also like an email confirmation to be sent out.

Users will be accessing the file over a general file server -

Basically the user would be sending a message to themself verifyin
that they've signed up for the class since they'll open the file o
their box and will not have permission to access another emai
account-

Here are the questions -

Can excel trigger an email through outlook that states the user nam
and the date of the class they selected?

Excel would have to use the user name they select from the drop dow
box in the form as the recipient in the to: line. Outlook would the
have to get the email address based on that name. Normally outlook ca
reconcile the email address if only the name is entered.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you need any other information please let me know.

Thanks,

Jef