Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Summing Columns Based On Value

=Sumif(H1:H150,"Database",I1:I150)

the range cited in the 3rd argument contains the values to be summed. The
first argument is where the condition is checked. If you mean you want to
count how many rows are labelled database

=Countif(H1:H150,"Database")

Tom Ogilvy

"stck2mlon " wrote in message
I have a spreasheet with 150 rows of entries. In the 8th column I have 5
different options that can be in it, i.e. Database, FOIA, Consulting,
Events and Rent. These 150 rows are not sorted on the 8th coulmn nor
can they be.

I would like a cell at the bottom of the worksheet that sums each
group. The user needs up to the second data and doesn't have time to
resort and re SUM the fileds. I don't even know where to begin. Any
help would be fantastic.

---