Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Krogh Frank Krogh is offline

Default Problem with VBA compatibility - Excel 2003

I have successfully converted an Excel 2002 VBA-application to Excel 2000
(by removing some command options not available in VBA 2000).

Unfortunately, the application doesn't work at all in Excel 2003, returning
several "File error: data may have been lost" when I try to open the
workbook - even when the macros are disabled! The workbook sheet includes
some autoshapes grouped together, but they are not present when the workbook
is opened after the error messages.

The application is available at
http://www.npr.no/privspes/Les_inn_NPR-rapport.zip . (VBA project password
is "sikkerhet").

Is is really so bad compatibility between the Excel VBA 2000/2002 and Excel
VBA 2003?

Thanks for any suggestions on how to convert the application or possible
workaround.

Frank Krogh