Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Stopping the Update Links Message

In Excel 2002 and later there is an option under the Edit=Links menu

In all versions you can go into tools options under the Edit tab, uncheck
Ask to Update Automatic links. However, this causes the links to be updated
without prompt (which may be acceptable.

If you don't want them updated and don't want to be prompted, then in
versions earlier than xl2002, there is no remedy except to use a dummy file
that has macro code to open the workbook with the parameter UpdateLinks set
to zero.

On the offhand chance that you do not intentionally have any links and you
would like to get rid of the links, see Bill Manville's free addin -
Findlink.xla which can be downloaded from Stephen Bullen's site:

http://www.bmsltd.ie on the left, choose the MVP page.

Tom Ogilvy

"Matty S" wrote in message
How do I stop the Message "do you want to update links" coming up when I

open a workbook?