AmyTaylor

Default Extracting from a text string

Hello everyone :)
Hope someone can help with this question....

I have a field containing a text string, for exampe: "1 : 1.3".
I want to be able to extract the 1.3 and show it in a separate column
using a function. Is this possible ?

The characters before the " : " can be any string length, but following
the ":" the number I want to extract is always 2 places behind the " :
".
Does this make sense ?
Hope it does, and thanks for your help !
Amy xx :)

--
AmyTaylor
AmyTaylor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20970

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.