Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
hlask hlask is offline

Default Excel 2003 hangs with dates in user forms

I've developed a user form with text boxes for date inputs that are linked to cells on my spreadhseet. I'd like the text boxes to display the date in dd/mm/yyyy format and to be preset with today's date when loadfing the user form. Excel keeps hanging when the userform is displayed but I can't figure out where I've gone wrong.
The bizarre thing is that it works ok on another machine on the network but not mine. Have tried repairing and reinstalling office but this doesn't help

I have used the following code to set the values in the text boxes on initialisation of the user for

Private Sub UserForm_Initializ

UserForm.DateTextBox.Value = Format(now(), "dd/mm/yyyy"

End Su

I've also tried not pre-setting the values to today's date and just applying the format after user input and the application still hangs

Any help gratefully received

Thank

Howard