Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default listboxs and combo boxes

just use the sort command in Excel. Use the options in the combobox to
specify the sort key. If you mean reorder the data in the listbox as well,
then just reload the listbox from the data on the worksheet or if you are
using the rowsource, I would think it would update automatically.

Tom Ogilvy

"Rich Cooper" wrote in message
It is a single column list book. The data is on another worksheet. I

have
the list box using a range of nmaes and using the index i am able to get
the other info about the person and display it in a txtbox. I just want

know if i can sort the data the same way. Or do i have to make it an

array.
If i make it an array how do i go about doing that.
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
You say the listbox has a bunch of names - then you talk about things

like
zipcode, state, as so forth. Is this a multicolumn listbox with all

that
information for each name?

There is no built in method to sort a listbox's list.

Other than that, you would have to grab the list as an array, sort it
according to your selection in the combobox, then put it back in the
listbox.

What kind of help are you looking for?

Tom Ogilvy

"Rich Cooper" wrote in message
I am working with both a combo box and a list box. The list box has a

bunch
of names. The combo box has some options and i want those options to

sort
and filter the listbox. How do i do that? Some of the options are by
state, zipcode, city, last nmae, firstname? Any help wouldbe greatly
appreciated.