Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Hiding Part of the VBA Code

if you protect your code (and save it as an addin), your users will be
able to write there own procs (using your public functions or
procedures... ) when they add a reference to your app.

So the only thing for you to do is decide which of the functions /
procs should be exposed to the users.

Those procs should be public while the rest should be Private.

You can make all procs in a module Private by putting following line in
the top of your module's decalaration section.

Option Private Module

My advice: first make everything private,
then add 1 module which is public and include some (wrapper) functions
there that external apps can access.

Check the Object browser to see which functions the addin exposes when
it's locked.

keepITcool

"Matt" wrote:

Hello Everyone

I've developed some query tools for querying databases. I
want to send them out to users but keep my code hidden.
From reading prior posts I've picked up

Lock you project in the VBE under the tools menu
= "Project Name"
Properties (Thanks Tom).

But what if I need to allow users to develop their own
code without seeing mine. I'm thinking something like the
veryhidden option for sheets, but for modules.

Thanks in Advance

Matt