Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default state of option button

Your best bet is to give specific names to your option buttons
rather than rely on index numbers.

"crapit" wrote in message
is there a way to trace which optionbutton is insert 1st?
"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Do something like

Dim V as Long
V = ActiveSheet.OptionButtons(1).Value
If V = 1 Then
' button is true
Else
' button is false

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"crapit" wrote in message
but how do i get it to store to a variable?
"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Yes, put the code in the sub itself.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"crapit" wrote in message
Do I put the code within the sub function itself? E.g

the
groupname of the
2 optionbutton is "Group19"
Sub group19_click()
<Should the code be put here?
End sub

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
The "optionbuttons(1)" refers to the first (earliest

created)
option button on the sheet. Alternatively, you can

use
the
name
of the option button. E.g.,

Debug.Print

ActiveSheet.OptionButtons("TheButton").Value

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"crapit" wrote in message
I'm using forms toolbar. Does the

"optionsbutton(1)"
refer
the name of
the optionbutton or something else?
"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
If the button is from the Forms toolbar, use code

like

Debug.Print ActiveSheet.OptionButtons(1).Value

If the button is from the Controls toolbar, use

code
like

Debug.Print
ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("OptionButton1").Object.Val ue

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"crapit" wrote in

message
I have 2 option button. How do I get the state

of
the
option
button? (The