Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Incorrect results of Weekdayname(Weekday... function???

Well, I am using Excel 2000 and this function isn't available there,
Must have been a glitch. It is present in Excel 2000.

There isn't any reason

WeekdayName(weekday(DateValue("05/26/2004")))
shouldn't return the correct name.

? weekdayname(weekday(DateValue("05/26/2004")))
Wednesday

Both WeekdayName and Weekday have an optional second argument that specifies
what the first day of the week is, but if unspecified, they should both be
the same.

Not sure why you are getting bad results.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Well, I am using Excel 2000 and this function isn't available there, but I
do understand what you are feeding your function using your present
construct.

? weekday(DateValue("05/26/2004"))
4
? format(weekday(DateValue("05/26/2004")),"dddd")
Wednesday

because a 4 is January 4, 1900

What I provided should logically work - but I don't have any way to test

it.

Tom Ogilvy

"Kobayashi " wrote in message
Tom,

Many thanks for your reply! However, I've pasted what you've provided
in the debug pane and get either a type mismatch or invalid call
error???

Regards,

Adrian

---