Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Unwanted date conversion when opening a workbook

What version of Excel.

How do you open it in code?

Generally, VBA treats a date as US format if it can. Excel 2002 had some
additional options/settings to handle this as I recall.

Tom Ogilvy

"Rob" wrote in message
I have a document, saved as text from another application (business

objects) which contains the value 01/06/2004 (1st June 2004) in cell A5.

When I open the workbook mannually I see the correct date, but when I open

it with code (workbooks.open("path.xls")) it comes up with 01/06/2004

Any help?

Thanks
Rob