Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
david mcritchie david mcritchie is offline

Default Find the xlstart folder

Hi Chris,
Now that I know it is for other people, I think you would just
install your workbook into the XLSTART folder. I don't know
if that is what you originally had in mind and our replies just
kept leading away from the actual goal. Out replies were to
updating the personal.xls workbook. Since this is for others
you don't want to touch their file. If this is for a larger group
you might want to distribute it as an add-in.
---
HTH,

"chrisrita " wrote...
Thanks, David, Chip and Michel.

I developed a code that is useful to my work and some of my colleagues
asked me for it. In order to install the function into others'
computers i wrote another macro that can automatically add the code as
well as a button to their excels. Since the code is designed to be
added to the personal.xls which does not exist for every computer, i
have to have the macro find out the xlstart folder so as to add the
file. Michel's solution fits my macro the best. and Michel figures out
a brand new way that I will learn and try later. Millions of thanks to
David for your warm help and illumination.

Chris

---