Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Btibert[_3_] Btibert[_3_] is offline

Default Web Query VBA help

Hi guys.

I wrote this quote such that I was hoping that I would be able to do
web query based on the name of each worksheet in a particular workbook
Here is the code:

-----------------------

Sub WebQuery_on_SheetName()
'
'Web Query for based on the name of each sheet
'
'I want the info based on the sheet name to be placed on the
'appropriate sheet.

Dim sname As String
Dim scount As Integer
scount = Sheets.Count

For i = 1 To scount

sname = Sheets(i).Name

With Sheets(i).QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _
"URL;http://finance.yahoo.com/q?d=t&s=" & sname
Destination:=Range("A1"))
.Name = "q?d=t&s=" & sname
.FieldNames = True
.RowNumbers = False
.FillAdjacentFormulas = False
.PreserveFormatting = False
.RefreshOnFileOpen = False
.BackgroundQuery = True
.RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells
.SavePassword = False
.SaveData = True
.AdjustColumnWidth = True
.RefreshPeriod = 0
.WebSelectionType = xlSpecifiedTables
.WebFormatting = xlWebFormattingAll
.WebTables = "24,26"
.WebPreFormattedTextToColumns = True
.WebConsecutiveDelimitersAsOne = True
.WebSingleBlockTextImport = False
.WebDisableDateRecognition = False
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
End With

Next i

End Sub

----------------

The error that i am recieving when I attemp the macro is that th
Destination range is not on the same worksheet that the Query table i
being created on.

I am new to VBA and am attempting to teach it to myself. First, m
major assumption is that excel will let me do a query on eac
worksheet. From there, how can I get excel to perform a web query suc
that the data is placed on the appropriate worksheet?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Broc