Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vasant Nanavati Vasant Nanavati is offline

Default Run a macro batch process

Perhaps you should use the macro recorder for the first few iterations; then
post the resulting code for improvement suggestions.

--

Vasant

"marijo " wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to ask for your help in creating a macro to run a batch
process, specifically doing the following:

1. Copy from Clients worksheet cell B2, then Paste Special (value)into
cell E12 of Forms worksheet.
2. Copy value from Clients worksheet cell C2, then Paste Special
(value) into cell E14 of Forms worksheet.
3. Copy value from Clients worksheet cell D2, then Paste Special
(value) into cell E17 of Forms worksheet.
4. Copy value from Clients worksheet cell E2, then Paste Special
(value) into cell E19 of Forms worksheet.

(The spreadsheet will now be able to compute for the needed analysis
once all the four (4) entries above have been placed.)

5. Copy value from Computations worksheet cell CQ, then Paste Special
(value) into cell F2 of Clients worksheet.
6. Copy value from Computations worksheet cell B6, then Paste Special
(value) into cell G2 of Clients worksheet.

Now, the spreadsheet must be able to *save* the computed values pasted
in both cells F2 and G2 of Clients worksheet for the first client, even
if the requirement now is to *clear* its information from the Forms
worksheet so that it can now compute for the second client doing the
same process (this time obtaining information from the 3rd row of
Clients worksheet). It will capture the results then perform similar
operation for n # of iterations until it finds the last client (as for
my case, it'll be the 3,000th client).

Also will there be a problem to run this batch process as far as
accuracy of computations is concerned? For when I do this manually it
takes excel 97 about 10-15 seconds as it refreshes to calculate per
client.

I currently have 3,000 clients that I need to plot using their required
computed values. How do I create this macro to run computations for all
these clients on a one-time-basis?

Really appreciate all the help you can give in resolving this.

Marijo

---