Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joe S[_3_] Joe S[_3_] is offline

Default Slow Load Help

I use automation (from C#) to generate a 100+ page report. The report
includes lots of borders/lines and merged cells to make data cells in
a "pretty" report.

Originally, I created it one page per worksheet, but I found that that
inhibited duplex printing.

I then changed it to make the pages be successive areas on a single
sheet, vertically. However, now loading is VERY slow...up to a minute
to load a 100+ sheet report, though loading a 35 page report is still
pretty quick. Load time seems to grow nearly geometrically. It doesn't
seem like it should take nearly this long.

By clearing formatting for the meat of the report, eliminating the
border lines, load times seem normal.

So, any advice as to how I can have my cake (cell borders) and eat it
(load fast), too?

Thanks,

Joe