Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Angelito Cruz Angelito Cruz is offline

Default Setting LinkedCell of individual OptionButton

Thanks Tom!

I figured out how to read the value of the option button on the cell
via this code:

Activesheet.optionbuttons("A3").value

Should I stay away from Optionbuttons from the forms toolbar and just
use the ActiveX equivalent? I am having the hardest time loading the
ActiveX OptionButton via VBA. I am sure it should be easier. Does
anyone have a code snippet I can look at? I will not be posting this
if I saw something that's close to what I am doing via the
Optionbutton from the forms toolbar.

Best Regards,
Angelito

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
for optionbuttons from the forms toolbar, all optionbuttons in a group are
linked to the same cell. The cell then returns the sequence of the the
selected optionbutton.

So what you see is by design.

Tom Ogilvy

"Angelito Cruz" wrote in message
I am creating multiple groupboxes with corresponding optionbuttons
inside it. I am having issues setting the LinkedCell property for
each radio button. For example, if I have 2 OptionButtons, I set the
LinkedCell of the first OptionButton to the right cell, when I add the

second
OptionButton and set it's LinkedCell to the new .Address. The 1st

OptionButton
is set to the new .Address.

Here's the code snippet when adding the OptionButton:

Public Sub InsertOptionButton(ByVal Target As Range, strGroupName As

String)

Dim optBtn As OptionButton

Set WS = Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Notes")

With Target

Set optBtn = WS.OptionButtons.Add _
(Top:=.Top + 4, Left:=.Offset(0, 0).Left + 40, Height:=.Height - 2.5, _
Width:=.Width / 2)

optBtn.Caption = ""
optBtn.Name = "opt" & .Address(0, 0)
optBtn.LinkedCell = .Address