Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ross ross is offline

Default EXCEL.exe Error

Hi John

I am working on a spreadsheet where each time I scroll to
column "DV" the program closes and gives me the following
message:

What about if you go somwhere else?,
1. another sheet
2. the same sheet but a diffrent (later and eairly) place

There are quite a few error casues, but the message is, as you say
quite useless!(not unlike my spelling!)
Check out chip pearsons' excerllent site

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm and the microsoft
links (have a look at the MSDN site while your there)

One thing that i have found, is that (esp) when using 97, controls
(such as drop down lists, buttons, etc) can casue errors, of the
nature you have described. - try coping the sheet, and removing these
from the page, if the error goes away - if it does you'll need to
stick such controlls on a userform.

Good Luck
Ross