Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Harald Staff Harald Staff is offline

Default VB6.0 vs VB6.3

"Joe Blow" skrev i melding
news:d1Puc.597706$Pk3.421155@pd7tw1no...
Now it all starts to make sense. My Excel is 2002 with VB6.3, work's is
Excel 2000 with VB6.0 I borrowed a copy of work's Office disk and

installed
Excel seperately so that I have both vertions now. I have gone through and
deleted/changed/commented out, the code that doesn't work on the 6.0

That's the way to do it. It's not the .3 that causes the problems, it's the
new objects / methods /parameters in Excel 2002. No way those will ever work
with 2000. Eve if your VBA code recognized them, the old lady won't.

Is turning Excel/VBA 6.0 into 6.3 as easy as installing an update?

I have no idea how my Excel2000 became VB 6.3. But I have Visual Studio on
my system and ran several servicepacks on it, so I guess it must have
upgraded some VBA too.

Should I just suck up the differences and code in 6.0?

Yes, we have to write in the lowest version used. That's just the way it is.

Glad you solved this.

Best wishes Harald